Old 07-15-21, 02:44 AM   #107
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

30 January 1942
Repositioning

Coral Sea Area
His task force (4 CL, 4 DD) bugged out from Milne without engaging my transports. Our aircraft didn't get a shot at them.

USS Narwhal torpedoed a Gozan class cargo ship in the Bismark Sea.

China
His Oscars and Tojos got the better of the AVG over his troops near Ichang, 3 lost 3 P-40s, a Hawk, and 6 bombers with nothing to show for it. I'm going to pull back on bombing missions to try to sort this out a bit. We've also noticed some troop movement east of Hong Kong that we're keeping an eye on.

CENTPAC
Betty/Nell raids on Pearl today appeared ineffective. The KB raided Fanning Island, wiping out a small French garrison there.

Malaya
Another air raid that was just Army, no Zeroes or Nells. One again, the Nates couldn't handle it. With no losses of our own, we shot down 4 Nates and 14 Sallies. He managed to sneak a few light bombers in underneath our cap, strafing an ASW craft. Then he tried it again when my pilots were wise to it and they got 4 light bombers.

Makassar Strait
Both sides appear to be retiring. But his troops have conquered Tarakan. A Dutch sub fired 6 torps at the Soryu but missed. He's also got paratroops into Samarinda--not many but my garrison there is really week. They held on for today, but with the ships leaving, these troops are now my bombing target.

SIGINT reports an AirHQ from Taiwan is headed to Miri. I had moved subs patrolling off Miri to Sumatra, so to deal with this I re-tasked some of the subs trying to mess with the Tarakan landings along with some from the Luzon area.

Dutch East Indies
Enemy troops are landing on the east side of Timor. Unfortunately my scouts lost track of their ARG and airstrikes were not launched.
If the air HQ makes it to Miri, and he builds the airfield there up to level 4, torpedo-armed Betties would essentially have the entire Java Sea in reach. I'm going to try to get more fighters in here before he can build up the airfield.

Burma
The invading unit is the 3rd Royal Thai Army, and at least for now it appears to be alone. We softened them up with bombers and should be ready to engage for real after a few days.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 07-15-21 at 10:31 AM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote