View Single Post
Old 11-02-09, 11:48 AM   #18
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

AHHH!!! Now I think I understand. (Text conversation is so limited in capability. It was my impression that the actual accuracy of the gun was the issue... when the matter appears to relate only to the view through the sights being wonky in some situations.)

SeaWolf-U57 hit the note I needed to hear... because there is a close comparison available as he pointed out.

As SeaWolf-U57 pointed out with the binoculars: "its a bit like when you look through the Binoculars and then return to normal veiw the Horizon is also off-set "

Sometimes when you are on the bridge and you are looking through your binoculars at various objects, scanning the horizon etc... when you return to normal view looking straight ahead... you may sometimes see the the horizon is stuck at a wierd angle. (As if someone just broke your neck!)

The way to correct that is to left click on your bridge officer and then right click... BANG the horizon and default bridge view is back to normal.

Possible solution: When your gunsights apear to be offset, pop onto the bridge, left click on your bridge officer and then right click away from him.

Theoretically when you return to the deck gun, the view should be corrected.

(It would seem to be adviseable to avoid targetting objects at extreme limits of azimuths/bearings to the deck gun... as it appears that camera angle limits apparently don't match perfectly with the deck gun's full range of motion.)

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote