View Single Post
Old 09-03-22, 07:15 AM   #49
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Confirmed: Steve passed peacefully Tuesday, Aug. 30th.
Over the years I have spent countless hours talking to him almost on a daily basis via Skype but a couple of years ago all that came to an abrupt end without any prior warning.

Realising or should I say fearing all was not well I contacted Neal advising him of the situation and asking him to make efforts to contact him on my behalf but all to no avail which confirmed to me that something was seriously wrong.

This morning I have been made aware of Steve's passing and to say I am utterly devastated is one huge understatement.

Below is a post made by Steve over at Subsim which sums up the friendship and bond we shared for many years.

Quote:
We finally arrived at Neal's, and we finally at long last got to shake hands. And UnderseaLpcl. And Chad. And Chad's dad. And TarJak. And Dan the developer man. And Jimbuna...especially Jimbuna. I'm not sure what it was, because we don't really talk more than some others, and we don't have anything special in common besides excessive posting, but for some reason when he stood up I knew I couldn't just shake his hand; and I think he knew it too. So we gave each other a big hug. A big Manly hug, mind you, with the well-defined Manly back-slapping; but a hug nonetheless. And some others, I'm not sure who because we all met for sure the next day and I don't remember who all stayed extra late just so they could meet "Sailor Steve", whoever that guy is.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...63&postcount=1
Lay down your oars my friend and begin your eternal patrol.

Until we meet again.

Jim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote