View Single Post
Old 08-06-09, 01:08 PM   #20
peggy
VIP

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default See you in Heaven

Hello everyone,

I'm Peggy, the 2nd daughter. How wonderful to see your comments... they help us girls as we go through this time, now without our daddy. I have peace in knowing Dad died playing tennis, something he loved. But I have complete peace in knowing he had a relationship with Jesus Christ, his Lord and Saviour. We will all grieve losing him, but I rejoice knowing he is in Heaven, and I will see him again.

Dad couldn't have a conversation without weaving a Navy story through it. I would sometimes trick him and pick the farthest topic from the Navy, but I always failed. He managed it every time. Now it will be something that will make me chuckle, but many times I wanted to kick his butt about that. Dad was not a man of prejudice, and I respected him for that. He accepted whoever we brought home to meet him, and always said, "If you like them, then I like them." I loved talking world situations with Dad, and the state of this great nation. We could go on and on about that...I will miss those conversations dearly. He would sign off to each of us by saying, Love you baby. I loved hearing that on my answering machine if I were not at home.

We will miss our Dad. He was not a perfect man, but none of us are. Our imperfections become part of our personalities, and believe me, dad had a great, uplifitng personality. He has given us memories that we will laugh about forever.

I salute all of you who also served our country...I thank you for that. Dad was a true Patriot and he loved God, his family, and his country. We will miss you Dad and your memory will be kept alive. Love you baby! Peggy
peggy is offline   Reply With Quote