Old 09-03-20, 06:38 PM   #559
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickswitch View Post
Hi I have a problem with speech rec on sh4

I issue a command like nav map, goes to the nav map fine. But other commands like speed and depth and depth under keel, I speak the command and the mouse moves - but the mouse misses the button for say depth under keel for example. This renders most of the commands useless for me I'm afrai, and suggestions?
typically this is because you're either running a mod that has remapped your keys, or you didn't set the screen resolution properly in the startup files, so everything is a bit off kilter.

i haven't run this in years and I suspect that, if like me, you run a 4K monitor that uses font scaling, that could fundamentally alter the resolution in a way that even matching it in the shSpeech config files wouldn't work right. but generally if you use the right launcher depending on your mod setup, and your resolution is right, then everything should line up - and the excel files are included showing the coordinates of everything (I believe based on some core resolution and everything is calculated from there)

I found all these coordinates by running the game at that resolution and taking screenshots into Photoshop so I could use the cursor tools to determine the exact x/y offset of the pixel I wanted to click. so as the game has changed (and mods change it as well) some things could not quite be where I programmed them to be.