Thread: TDC questions
View Single Post
Old 08-06-12, 09:27 PM   #1
JackBlades
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
TDC questions

I've been a fan of the SH games for a while. Call it a hobby that I was never quite able to master, or even get kinda good at. I can move the boat around and run away just fine but I come into some issues when I want to attack.

I've had MANY occasions where I would be setup perfectly, close range, 90 degree AOB, torpedoes on fast setting ready to go, not spotted yet, then when I fire the shot misses the boat by maybe 3-4 boat lengths.

(btw I'm only using manual targeting, no auto aim)
I have a few questions about the TDC that I have been unable to find online at all.

AOB is easy enough, speed I have just started to get the hang of using the map (I WON'T use the calculate speed function as I've ALWAYS found it to be WAY off). What I don't understand is range. Yes, I know the mast height and where to place the waterline but I question how I can put it in my hand (clicking and dragging on the range meter thing).

Do i need to always select a ship type first in order to get the needle to go past 1300yds? If that is the case what happens when there is low to no visibility? I also would like to know how to do it by hand so that I don't have to give my position away with pinging the target.

sorry for the long post. Thanks
JackBlades is offline   Reply With Quote