Old 06-20-10, 11:30 AM   #17
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default Responses and question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
When I tried a few patrols with Map Contacts off I enjoyed the realism but had a lot of trouble plotting and shooting contacts.

However, using this tool helped me get into firing position alot more frequently (and forced me to slow down and take my time setting up the shot). My only gripe is having to switch back and forth from the game to my desktop (and this tool)

Now that I've gone back to map contacts on I use this tool a lot less (as I simply mark the contacts bearing with a pencil and after so many lines chart their course). But it still gets useful if I'm running in fog and can only get so many visual reports everyonce in a while.

Now I have one question, (sorry for the hijack), but does anyone have a tutorial to plot things with map contacts off?
Answer re map contacts off: High Realism Tutorial revised March, 2009 by Captain Scurvy. I forgot how to copy the link to the thread.

High Realism Tutorial

High Realism (practice) Mission

Question re hydrphone tracker: Can it be used with accuracy when my boat is moving or must my boat be stationary? The readme indicates my boat can be moving.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote