View Single Post
Old 05-13-09, 05:57 AM   #110
Synthfg
Sparky

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Summer 42 Patroling off new york in fog and high seas,
Pick up a blip on radar, close to 350m and find the rear of a Ceramic Type Liner emerging from the gloop,

Fire off 3 eels on magnetic and dive to PD turning to pass behind her. All 3 eels explode underneath her, She's going down but as the crew stop chearing the sonar operator pipes up, Warship appraoching close, fast, dead ahead,

I grap the scope and turn it just in time to see a destroyer pulling 25kts+ at 350m emerge from the gloom heading straight for me, he's too close for an eel and before I have time to do any more than utter ohh shii, bang his bow ploughs straight into my submerged conning tower my periscope is ripped from my hand and the sub is shaken with water pouring into the control room and radio shack,

looking at the damage report it appears that the tower has all but been ripped clean off the boat (red everything destroyed including flack guns)

Fortunatly my well trained repair crew is on the case, even more fortunatly the destroyers repair crew is not so on the ball, tho we barly avoid her sinking ontop of us.

With no way of aiming the eels or repairing the damage it's going to be a long cruise back to lorient
Synthfg is offline   Reply With Quote