View Single Post
Old 06-08-17, 07:56 AM   #15
Deepmoc
Sailor man

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0

My fight against diesels was very easy to this point.
Never i was in real danger

Yesterday i had several encounters with Foxtrots, some juliets an romeos..
A little more danherous are the tangos.. they seems to be have an better sonar.

My tactic is.. getting slower from the 26knots martch speed tu 5 knots down.. then seek for the first contacts.. When i know their course.. then i closing in to the first neares Sub.
my Bow is then directly orientated to the opposing Sub Position.. to make an possibliest smallest Sonar Echo. Then i try to pass in thier stern region.. in thier baffles . The Most time showing my smallest Silhouette. TZhen when in the baffles i rise up to 500 feet an launch my torp. Motly they have time to make a initial turn unitil they will be hit..Sometimes i steer the Torpedo directly because the mk48s try to avoid the decoy an then i have to redirect it.

PLEASE KNOW that guidance of the Torsps is only possible in an 60 degree cone at the Bow.. an not longer then 5000yards ! Then you will loose the Wire.

When the Dieses detects me,, what rarely occur, then they launches its Tops ro high oiver me,, an the Torps passing by over me in active state. I launches NO countermesarues ankeep at 5 knots at this time.. 4 or 6 torps missing me in this time and one time i have expierenced that one diesel sub has sunk the another accidentaly :-D

Then with SSNs the same nearly.. One Time i got in real danger,, an had to use a fast turn fight with decoys an depth change..

This was with 2 sierras.

Greets..
Deepmoc is offline   Reply With Quote