View Single Post
Old 08-27-09, 11:01 PM   #1545
green_abobo
Sparky

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default O.M.-questions about crew management

ahoy. first of all, could some kind soul please explain to me, what the significance of the passive ability "damage control" is exactly.

i understand they can be anywhere on the ship,but what exactly is the ability for and what does it do?

should you still have crew designated to the "damage control team" or not? should ppl w/ the passive ability "damage control" be stationed there or no?

is crew berthing or birthing just for "storage" of extra crew members? does it have any further useage other than that?

how many people are supposed to fit on a u-boat anyway?

also,the different abbreviations for crew members in the queue. what do they stand for?

i'm reading a tom clancy book (not red october,it hasnt arrived yet) right now that has alot of submarine lingo in it,heck,there's even mention of diesel powered subs too. although i would imagine that being able to ahead flank submerged at around 30 knots is pretty crazy.(nuclear)

trying to educate myself a bit more on the subject(s) so i dont have to post questions anymore and can start replying with answers instead.the thirst for answers continues on,along with my patrols.

on a side note, i was happy to pull a sneak attack @ scampa flow on a boat that i assume was supposed to be the HMS Hood,just like the real thing went down in october 1939,only i did it around december. 3 torpedoes too. that was pretty cool. not for the Hood and her crew of course,i hope you know what i'm saying. heres a neat site i stumbled across while doing a google search
for any other u-boat enthusiasts....

http://www.mikekemble.com/ww2/uboat.html

thanks again.

"fish" on!

Last edited by green_abobo; 08-27-09 at 11:11 PM.
green_abobo is offline   Reply With Quote