Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 01-25-23, 01:42 PM   #411
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Yeah man, the wolves are no joke, but at least they circle you a bit before moving in. Tasting you in the wind I image. That brief respite lets you get your sh!t in order. I've died once so far. It was in Medved of course. Wolves took out half my health, and I killed two out of the pack with some wild, close-range scope shooting (this hurt my percentage lol).

Then, still at half-health, I started getting run over by moose and boars until I fell dead in the snow.

So when I returned I was ready. Wolves howling? Switch to the rifle, make sure it's fully loaded and then hope you're the one left standing. This time I took out two more and the rest scattered. And I didn't take a hit.

Africa's even worse I imagine, as the stuff is that much more deadly.

As for the Drilling, you are correct of course. I am not saying it isn't a capable weapon. Just that the style of the gun is not mine. There's always stuff like this for me in games. Like how I won't use side-by-sides if I can help it, or I won't recruit chariots in Total War games haha.

I think the .300 will be perfect for me. Bolt action, magazine fed so there're follow up rounds loaded. I've shot a Weatherby .300 and it's a hell of a rifle. Perfect forthis class of game and a style of gun that appeals to me.