View Single Post
Old 11-01-08, 08:32 AM   #218
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
Hey guys / girls,

Well, of all the stupid little things to have to do, is turn off the gamma control only in the nvidia display settings. All other settings are default settings except AA which is set to 4x, which is fine for my other simulators too. And it doesn't interfere with my other games or require any other tweaking between games. Yeah!

Soooooooooooooooooo, if this ever happens to anyone else, going through what I did, have them try turning off the gamma control only, and go from there. It requires no other video programs.
Turning of Gamma correction is detailed in the first post, the option will interfere with SH4 for some reason. I'd also advice setting AA to "application controlled" and use profiles for individual games that need AA through the drivers. AA generated by the game engine generally looks/works better at less of a performance hit.

Also, when forcing AA through drivers on a game that has AA itself, use "enhance ingame setting" mode and enable AA in the game (doesn't matter what you set it to, the driver will override the setting). That way you get the AA you want while still using the games "AA method" (better performance/compatibility).

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote