Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
Well fellas I tried about 10 different driver versions, and I get the same issue, the only time the sun has that nice corona around it is when I disable the darn AA. If I set it to 2x, 4x, 8XQ, 8x, 16X, or 16XQ, I lose the nice lighting effects, and the rest of the picture looks like it's running in 256 color mode.

So it's a tossup, nice picture with jaggies, or substandard picture with no jaggies.

What a pain.
Do you have nhancer? if so limit your AA to 4x Multisampling and make sure that your gamma correction box is unchecked; these two maintain your sun halo and also a good smoke effect. Also try the 20000000: EA Strategy Games on AA compatibility to have a better overall AA.
All these three are the main settings to have the best AA possible on Sh3/Sh4 for nvidia cards (well, i tested them only on a single 8800GT512 since the first post date).

If this donīt work on a SLI, then, #$%@, nvidia really needs to look at their drives.

Somebody knows if the new ATi 48x0 series also have these problems with AAxsun halo&smoke?:hmm:

Cheers,

Rubini.
I've tried nhancer twice, but I didn't really care much for it. I was hoping to find a solution without it. Can't say why I don't care for it other than all the extra tweaking to get it going, and then changing it for my other simulators needs, I guess would be the best reason.

I still have it in my downloads folder, so I may have another go at it later.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote