View Single Post
Old 12-12-21, 03:44 PM   #8
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Don't want what I'm going to say... to be construed as putting down FotRS-U-EN... as I'm not. Happen to enjoy it...

but... with Bubblehead1980's TMOverhauled v2.5X set... it does have the advantage in, having the ability to... (at night time, no less... just as the skippers did, back then...) make surfaced attack runs... & the ability to open up on targets with... the anti-air flak gun aka machine gun.

His mod set, has been reworked with the convoys... to be more... inline & circumspect with the merchant traffic ebb & flow... then, reworking the important touchstones of battles & skirmishes that took place... know that the last I hear, was at work, on revamping the dock positioning there at Manilla, to be more... reflective of where you should pull off from the docks. Which would be Cavite... not Manilla. (iirc, Bubblehead, from the conversations we've had. feel free to jump in & correct Me, if I'm wrong on any aspect. I certainly don't want to misrepresent your work, if I'm off base on any part of what I've said.)

And, that's just the tip of what I can recall, off the top of My head.

M. M.

Yes, the traffic was redesigned to be be dynamic as well as having as much of a sense of historical accuracy as possible, balanced with "playability". The battles, major, and even minor were scripted, task force layers were gutted to avoid the random Allied style task forces roaming the oceans, but using historical movements , adding in even minor ship movements such as the Yamato and Musashi moving back and forth between Truk and Japan. Forthcoming version will have further refinements.

Correct, in next versions when in the Asiatic fleet in 1941, now start at Cavite instead of Manila (the large Japanese air strike on Cavite, Dec 10 1941, is present as well)
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote