View Single Post
Old 12-11-21, 05:39 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

While my time in FOTRS is limited compared to other mods , I found plenty of targets in FOTRS. I would say though, having just moved over to FOTRS as you posted, you are used to stock/GFO.

Traffic in stock and mods that do not modify is highly unrealistic, spawns to create what is basically shooting gallery, no sense of historical accuracy. Most mods correct this to varying degree by reducing the spawn rate, slowing traffic in certain areas, changing flow, and sea routes over time. Makassar Strait was not the busiest of patrol areas outside the initial stages of the war as well. You have three ships down on your patrol, which is pretty decent, especially if you are in earlier phases of the war 1941-1943. This forces player to operate much as a real sub would and hunt.

I would say if not already, patrol the chokepoint at the North end where the strait merges into Celebes Sea. , check coastal areas, if still coming up dry and have achieved your initial orders, send a report in to command and will likely give a new assignment. If do not because your fuel/torpedo status is below the point where will issue new orders, patrol a adjacent area or may be getting to the point to head home. One thing in mods, not every patrol is going to be outstanding, especially 1941-mid 1943

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 12-11-21 at 08:12 PM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote