View Single Post
Old 10-31-20, 03:03 AM   #2558
tpt27
Swabbie

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default Real Nav issue

I've been loving TWoS for the past year and haven't had any problems since I have ironed out the usual dramas everyone seems to have on their first install.

However, since I upgraded to 2.2.20 a couple of minor glitches have popped up. I use Real Navigation, but since the upgrade my sub icon is shown on the nav map which essentially negates the whole purpose of the Real Nav mod (it is interesting to see how far out my 74% trained navigator is with his DR and even his celestial fixes. The average is about 4000-4500m). The icon disappears on the two closest zoom levels, but when I zoom out to draw large range circles, plan my patrol patterns, etc, there it is.

Also, the location of enemy ships/convoys that come through in BdU radio messages are displayed in the nav map, even though the "Display Contacts" option is disabled. Thankfully, ships that I have sighted don't show up on the map.

Another weird thing is when I sink a ship, no matter where it is, the destroyed mark appears on the equator in the Gulf of Guinea (0 N, 0 E). This only happens for the first one though. Any ship I sink after appears in the right spot. Although this is only when I'm in the same session. If I save the game, then load it up for another session the first ship I sink shows up back on the equator.

Last issue is that even though I have the "TWoS Ship Auto Recognition" on, the ship identification icon does not show up in the weapon officer's menu. I was using the "TWoS UI cmd_Auto Target ID" before the upgrade which worked perfectly. BTW using the UI auto target ID mod doesn't fix the problem either.

My mod list it:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter 5\TWoS_Parts]

TWoS Encrypted BdU Orders
TWoS FX_Reduc. Fires and Expl._Incr. Flooding via Zones
TWoS Harbors Chimney Smoke
TWoS Neutrals Illuminated Only_Until [Date]
TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights
TWoS SV Interior QR1 QR2 Rooms
TWoS Real Navigation
TWoS Ship Auto Recognition
TWoS Campaign Advance Verifier_Testing

Is anyone else having these problems. Any tips/advice on how I can fix these problems (especially how to hide my sub icon again) will be very welcome.
tpt27 is offline   Reply With Quote