View Single Post
Old 03-11-24, 02:41 PM   #7533
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Trump seeks trial delay for hush money case pending Supreme Court’s review of ‘immunity’ claim:

Quote:
Donald Trump’s attorneys want the judge overseeing his criminal case in New York to take the trial off the calendar until the US Supreme Court decides whether the former president can claim “immunity” from prosecution in a separate case.

The nation’s highest court will hear Mr Trump’s arguments on his “immunity” defence on 25 April, the final day for oral arguments in this year’s session, and one month after his trial in New York is scheduled to begin.

Meanwhile, Mr Trump falsely claimed in his “play by play” commentary of the State of the Union that “Republicans have no plan to cut Social Security, a made-up story by Crooked Joe!”

On CNBC Monday morning, in response to a question about “how to handle entitlements, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid,” Mr Trump said: “There is a lot you can do in terms of entitlements, in terms of cutting, and in terms of, also, the theft and the bad management of entitlements … I know that they’re gonna end up weakening Social Security because the country is weak.”

President Joe Biden shared the clip on X saying: “Not on my watch.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2510452.html

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote