View Single Post
Old 02-02-09, 05:25 PM   #5
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
What an interesting project! I didn't know kits like this were available. I'll be following this thread closely. Keep it up!
Thanks for the eoncouragement. Oh these types of kits have been around for a loooong time (the kits). Ive been building them since I was like 12.

This kit from Dumas is one of the better ones. Designed to fly and not just look purdy. Some of the kits offered by other (Guillows) manufacturers while they will fly are just too heavy. Remember a rock will fly too if you throw it hard enough. But they can still be nice display pieces. Another quality manufacturer is peck polymers and SIG (if sig still does stick and tissue).

The actual construction will probably go in fits and starts with little to nothing getting done weekday/nights.

The next phase is what I call 'boxing up' the fusealage. When the two halfs are joined together to form... well a fusealage. This is one of the most cruical and difficult steps. The hardest part is to get it straight and plumb and not racked or twisted. Get a bad enough warp in the fuse and you will never get the thing to fly right.
Now whered I put those triangles
SteamWake is offline   Reply With Quote