View Single Post
Old 04-01-23, 06:36 PM   #176
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
A child having reached the age of majority (18 years) may currently purchase a firearm. I’m actually OK with that. My big concern is with attempting to prevent criminals like the Uvalde shooter from purchasing firearms. He was an irresponsible piece of trash going nowhere in life, living like a bum in his crackhead parents house with nothing else better to spend money on.

Reports suggest he had been previously arrested as a minor for planning a crime. Unfortunately a minors records are usually sealed. If he had to wait until 21 he would have a record that can be looked into. Either that make a minors arrest record available for background checks.

The age of license (21 years old) prohibits children from purchasing alcohol. I believe the same can be applied to the purchase of firearms.
Ahh..... But you forget, the use of Alcohol is not a Constitutional right. There is a big difference.

As I understand it starting in June 2022, background checks do include Juvenile records, at least for 18-21 year-olds.

Last edited by MaDef; 04-01-23 at 06:44 PM.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote