View Single Post
Old 04-01-23, 05:32 PM   #175
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
I definitely disagree with with that first paragraph, Age of majority under Federal law is 18, if you are old enough to vote and exercise other Constitutional Rights then you should also be able to avail yourself of the 2nd amendment.
The 24th Amendment pretty that makes wealth a requirement for exercising a Constitutional right a moot point (ie: a poll tax and or property requirement).

Drug and mental issues are addressed in title 18 USC. prohibiting certain persons from owning or purchasing a firearm, and most states go further with restrictions not to mention the new fad of "Red Flag Laws". (which I'm not a fan of, as the potential for abuse is very high).

Maybe the answer is to start prosecuting gun violations rather than classifying them as "mutual combat" (reference to gang shooting in Chicago 2021) or pleading them down/dismissing them in court proceedings.
A child having reached the age of majority (18 years) may currently purchase a firearm. I’m actually OK with that. My big concern is with attempting to prevent criminals like the Uvalde shooter from purchasing firearms. He was an irresponsible piece of trash going nowhere in life, living like a bum in his crackhead parents house with nothing else better to spend money on.

Reports suggest he had been previously arrested as a minor for planning a crime. Unfortunately a minors records are usually sealed. If he had to wait until 21 he would have a record that can be looked into. Either that make a minors arrest record available for background checks.

The age of license (21 years old) prohibits children from purchasing alcohol. I believe the same can be applied to the purchase of firearms.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote