View Single Post
Old 03-31-23, 09:37 AM   #170
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The basis is a culture of violence, a founding of that culture in and by violence, and a historical heritage of violence. Social and sociometrical and economical reasons cannot be separated from this, since they too base on these fundaments, in their typical national interpretation that makes the USA actually the USA and different fom other places. The cream on top is a media circucs that from day to night lives by endlessly propagating "fear" as its greatest guarantor of quota and an endless focussing on and repetition of crime and violence. Not to mention the entertainment industry that is almost trivializing violence, turning it into an entertainment factor.

America is addicted to violence, it has it in its genes and in its blood and bones.

Think of the man what you want, but in Bowling for Columbine, Michael Moore has worked out these connections as mercilessly as he has skillfully. It is and remains by far his best film, perhaps his only good film as some people say, I don't know, I don't know the others (or I forgot them, then i cannot have been too impressed: but BfC I remember).

Thats why I am pessimistic about linear instruments and measures being capable to solve the issue. All these calls for changes and laws and measures are cosmetic only, scratch only on the surface. Born in blood, living in blood, maybe summarises the dilemma best.