View Single Post
Old 03-31-23, 08:56 AM   #168
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You're making several assumptions, the biggest one being you think that the only way to secure a schools perimeter is to make it a prison. Well airports don't look like prisons, neither do banks yet both places would be extremely difficult targets for a mass shooter.

Says you. How many school shootings have there been in states where teachers can carry? None. Think about it.
Why didn't this latest nut not pick the other schools on her list? Too difficult because of police presence and difficulty getting into the school.

Same reason for both. Mass shooters like any other criminal shy away from hardened targets. Ever wonder why mass shootings ONLY happen in "gun free" zones?

Here we can agree. Our society has created a generation of narcissistic sociopaths. That is going to reverberate in our society for decades.
I agree with all of this. If the will is there, you can protect anyone. I believe it can be easily done without the schools feeling like a prison. If the schools feel a bit like a prison, so be it. I think the kids in these times would feel safer if they knew there were mechanisms including deadly force, in place to protect their safety while at School and Church. It's very sad but in these times, we have to think about our most vulnerable citizens, meaning our kids. That's not to say the other people, older or otherwise aren't just as Important.

This lunatic chose this school because it was a soft target. Apparently, if reports are correct, she / it considered other targets but chose not to attack them because they were better protected. Rockstar said you can't predict someone's behavior. That's mostly true but not always. People around this crazy had alerted authorities to how unbalanced this individual was. It's sad to say but nothing can substitute for being prepared for the worst and planing accordingly.

The media certainly isn't helping either when they sensationalize tragic incidents like this as you and Neal have said, for ratings in competing with other networks.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote