View Single Post
Old 08-04-08, 05:23 AM   #35
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger
as you all know, it is much appreciated by the community to get as many as possible information about the development process while the customers are waiting for the new product. could you please install a dev diary thread or give us screenshots about the dev status?
With all due respect, that is the WORST thing they could do. The creative process, when it is left to work best, is full of blind alleys, changes in decisions and the like. Sometimes the authorship process is not pretty. Putting raw ideas out there in a dev log is just building expectation of something the team might find they don't even want in a month.

It builds unteasonable (whoa, I'm leaving that one in! That's GOOD!) expectations of dozens of features the final release will not have. So when the mod is released, the general reaction will be disappointment that this or that feature you fell in love with on the development log isn't in there.

Much better to go dark, say nothing and imitate a dead man until the mod suddenly appears fullblown to everyone's amazement and delight. Development of a major mod should not be a reality show.

Just my opinion, but I'm right!:rotfl:
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote