View Single Post
Old 02-20-24, 03:37 PM   #2102
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The nuclear protection - or not - of Germany:

https://www-focus-de.translate.goog/...en&_x_tr_hl=de

Its worth to not that the 2% goal that Germany just reported to fulfill, only gets fulfilled with cheats and creative stretching. Parts of the 100bn special budget get used to boost the regular yearly defence budget, pensions for old NVA officers get counted as active defence spendings, and in parts civilian aid and development aid for countries in Africa and elsewhere get counted as defence spendings as well - the Greens want it so.

If you substract all these cheats, then Germany still does not and also will not reach the 2% goal this year and in coming years. Parts of the SPD and the Green in totality already now said that it would be totally unacceptable for them if even the smallest cut in social spendings - the biggest share of the German yearl state budget - would be made and that money gets rechanneled into the defence budget.

At the peak of the cold war, Germany spent up to 3.7 or 3.8%, btw. . 2% now will not be enough to impress Russia, or to reach the announced goals. And not even every fifth German in polls said he would be willing to defend Germany with a weapon in his hand.

Well, I admit this modern woke left-populist anti-male Islam-friendly gender-ga-ga Germany is soemnthign I would not care to risk my life for, too. Its all too rotten and plem-plem.