Old 07-24-17, 01:20 PM   #8313
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstanb View Post
Thanks! that is precisely what I was looking for

I used to plot a lot in the map, but with "Real Navigation", I think it is no longer precise enough; I mean how can I plot if I don't even know where am I. I am using the RAOBF dial instead and I am very happy with it!

Am I right on that? any tips and tricks to plot not knowing precisely where you are?
Hey kstanb, your previous experience with targetting in SH is way too much bounded with position on map. I know, because my was the same when i met real nav
In reality it does not matter if you are in north sea, or in central pacific. Everything what does matter is your relative position to moving target. Forget where you are and just draw your plot anywhere in map - it will work always the same - you can even turn your orientation upside down and still have the same result if you turn over even position of target.

The only one thing about finding your exact position is about to know how far away from border you are and if you need to be at you patrol circle or you want to get to the port. Thats all
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote