View Single Post
Old 06-02-23, 04:30 PM   #169
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I am surprised. This shows the Oculus Quest 2 (in house tracking...) can obviously run well Eleven Table Tennis, which, as often said, imo is one of the best VR experiences around, and a fantastic simulation of its subject. Tracking seems to work betten with the Quest 2 than with my G2 Reverb, which is also inhouse tracking.

The video in the second half shows footage from them playing against each other. Without a PC. They speak Germa, but the English dub is already in build.

And this guy, obviously a well versed real table tennis player, runs a whole course on learning table tennis via Eleven (unfortunately in German) - and where you have to adapt to differences to reality. For example the controller with the Quest 2 has 30 microseconds delay, so if you swing your hand in your wrist at the very last moment before hitting the ball, this swing effect, resulting in effet to the ball, maybe will not even get translated into the strike - you have to adapt, either by altering your movement a bit, or by changing playing style and using more straight hits/strikes.

https://www.youtube.com/@elevengermanymadviolinvr-t3662

And finally, this - is that real table tennis or not, eh...?! I played the AI back then, that too is a BEAST...

The game is said to have a very active player community and there are several internaitonal tournaments and leagues running. The onlöine lobby to find players for the occaisonal game also was very active when I played it.

Man, I really need to find a way to get back into this. Best simulation of a sports that I've ever played.