View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 02:21 PM   #43
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Type IX, iIrc, had a different labeling set up than that of the Type II's & the VII's... that there... if you chose to go with a career in a IX, just makes it so the torp control panel is rightly configured.... as I understand it. Have yet to roll in a career, in a Type IX, so haven't had a chance to note the differences outright.

Convoy reports on... that would be My understanding there, as well... though, I know that some prefer to play a career... in essence, deaf, dumb & blind... casually strolling across targets of opportunity, is just how they roll with it. NOT to say, that there is anything wrong with it... mind you.

As I recall, Uboat HQ... was very.... iron fisted in staying in communication with its uboat forces & that there... just... simulates that, I figure.

Yeah, the original KSD II, was all in Russian, which... for those who don't know the language... kind of makes it difficult to follow along, if you decided to pursue, a career in game/sim. There was an... initial workup of putting messages, flash traffic, Rec Man info, the works... in Eng. & while a noce touch... to be frank, is still... NOT without its... quirks still to date. Is still a fair bit, that needs a bit of, spit & polish yet to iron it out... & that's NOT even touching the translating it, into other languages still.

Yeah, again... as with radio reports, another thing to... further enhance the realism effect... of NOT having that orange arrow marker, denoting just where your sub is, if you were to say... utilize the 'next/previous' or the free cam views.

This is not related to just where you are, on the nav map, by any means...

As for the sonar pings... old new... no idea about the differences in them, to be frank... I just went with searching for the 1, that sounded the scariest when heard while in the sub... from any point in it, while roaming from 1 room view, to another... even while using free roam utilizing the Type II & VII full interiors mod, in My mix.

Well, scariest & closest to that sound in the movie 'Das Boot'... as long as it fit those 2 focal points, it was the 1 I went with... Myself. As with MPG, preferences for that, may vary from 1 sub simmer, to another... yanno...

As for that no radio antenna... I left that 1 out. Call Me... old fashioned, but... I want My sub, looking as near to what it did... as is feasibly possible... & that there, mod... sorta puts a... kink, in that view, but... that's just My own opinion... again, just like with MPG as well, here.

M. M.
Okay, very clear, thanks!

Just to be sure: What exactly is meant with "Radio Antenna"? The round rotating beacon locator antenna or something else?