Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Yes, found the Life Vest icon ... only thing missing are the A/C:

Went to the designated area in the Training Academy twice, second time at daylight ... nothing ... weird ...

Yes, will try to swap the sound file at a later time ... thanks for the tips!

Will move on to the deck gun training now ...

UPDATE:

Did the gun training and torpedo firing range ... actually found a target ... an old Wheel Steamer:

For the gun training, it seemed that I had to use all my ammo to have any effect (and yes, I used the high explosive rounds) ... but didn't get as far as to sink her, because of a CTD, when the steamer started to catch fire ...

The same happened with the torpedo firing: The first eel I set for magnetic fuse and 1.3m under the keel, but passed right underneath ... does the "back-breaker"-technique not work in KSDII?
The second eel I set to contact fuse and exploded and again I got a CTD, when the srteamer caught fire.

I hope the CTD's are because it's the Training Academy and not a "feature" of the game ...

FYI: For the Game Graphic settings, I ticked every box, except for the "Windowed Mode" ... are there any settings that would cause CTD's and one could do without?
the 1st couple, 2... the nav one & the one right after.. might be usable... not sure about the 3rd one right after that... nut from what I understand, is best to avoid running the training missions for the most part.

Am playing the career side, using LAA assigned to the SH4.exe &... running like a champ.

When KSD II: Ace, is loading... you are (in the bottom right corner) seeing it reading v1.4.1, yes...??

On the torp training issue you noted... depends on the year date, that is... not recalling that right off... but, know that the Uboat fleet, did run into (just as the U. S. fleet boats did... ) had issues with torp malfunctions & this is.. modeled into KSD II: Ace, as well.

The upside is... the U-boat HQ officers/admiralty... did listen a lot more than the U.S. side of it did... & as an end result, solved it, for the most part.

If, I am recalling it rightly... magnetic exploders, got pulled from use & they went back to using impact only with the torps... I think. Think the main part that got resolved was with the depth keeping when torps were launched. The Mag Det triggers... NOT so much.

On the query on graphic settings:

This snap shot, is the setting in that section, that I roll with...

Can't recall all the particulars on why... but, is best to avoid having the volumetric fog one, checked... & since I don't deal with a lot of ripping/tearing when moving the cam view about... don't really need to use the vsync one, either.... that & the windowed one... as I prefer to have My view, be full screen.

M. M.