View Single Post
Old 05-20-22, 01:49 PM   #35
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Yeahhhhh.... not sure if that ever got finished. I seem to recall there was some mention of doing an interior for the IX, but.. after that... nada.

Any how... moving on...

Yeah, you were not alone in that... about the F9 key.

Search light, no idea if there is a control switch for that... think that, was added into the subs damage screen menu... for flava flave, nothing more... though, I could be wrong. If there is indeed a means to operate a search light, would be cool to do so... hwever, considering the nature of the beast... it is war time, so yeah... maybe not so good a time to be using it...

As for rescue the pilot operating button... go through there... in the bridge menu bar, & should be the icon that looks like... a life preserver aka life ring.

To be able to use it, means you 1st have to be within range of the downed pilot, (think like... 40-60 meters away... maybe a bit further back, not sure...) & have eyes on them, by... use of the Bino's... that's binoculars to the rest of ye gents & all. Once that is achieved, that ring, should light up & be clickable.

On the overall graphics side, glad ya got that all... dare I say it... ahhh what the heck... ship shape.

But in all seriousness... am glad it worked out for ya.

If that sound file, is set up the same... the naming of it is the same... then by all rights, it should work... I do believe... but... don't hang Me if it don't.

Make a back up copy of the /sound folder in game... before pasting that sound byte from GWX in to the KSD II: Ace, so that way.. if things go... pear shaped... at least you'll have the back up copy to fall back to.

Yeah, after dark flight op's... NOT real sure that is modeled into the sim, as well as it should have been.

Back then air op's were grounded after dark... though, not sure when the advent of them making it to where they could go round the clock, per say... though.

Will have to dig into that some... never really thought about it before now, to do so.

Think that when Carriers were thought of, it was probably for a safety factor that flights didn't happen after dark.. I think, anther thing I'll have to see of doing some digging about on... (sticks a pin into that idea along with the other one, as well)

Any way, glad to have provided assistance, where I was able to...

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M.

Yes, found the Life Vest icon ... only thing missing are the A/C:

Went to the designated area in the Training Academy twice, second time at daylight ... nothing ... weird ...

Yes, will try to swap the sound file at a later time ... thanks for the tips!

Will move on to the deck gun training now ...

UPDATE:

Did the gun training and torpedo firing range ... actually found a target ... an old Wheel Steamer:

For the gun training, it seemed that I had to use all my ammo to have any effect (and yes, I used the high explosive rounds) ... but didn't get as far as to sink her, because of a CTD, when the steamer started to catch fire ...

The same happened with the torpedo firing: The first eel I set for magnetic fuse and 1.3m under the keel, but passed right underneath ... does the "back-breaker"-technique not work in KSDII?
The second eel I set to contact fuse and exploded and again I got a CTD, when the srteamer caught fire.

I hope the CTD's are because it's the Training Academy and not a "feature" of the game ...

FYI: For the Game Graphic settings, I ticked every box, except for the "Windowed Mode" ... are there any settings that would cause CTD's and one could do without?

Last edited by Kapitän; 05-20-22 at 03:24 PM.
Kapitän is offline   Reply With Quote