Old 05-20-22, 06:31 AM   #33
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Yeah... about that...

If you are using that recommended Type II & VII interiors mod, think the creator, probably (am guessing here) left out a few of the crew, so as to avoid performance issues () perhaps... or may have meant to add them in, but forgot.. as can happen... no idea. Not without doing some digging in & finding out (if they are still around or even active in the sub modding circle any more, to be frank about it. Just... don't know, either way. )

Any way... moving on.

Yeah, the F9 key, is tied in to... the cam.dat files... I believe, & am not well versed on the... black majix artz of that area... maybe... hopefully, another with knowledge in them, could be persuaded, to delve in & see if that couldn't be... corrected... fixed.

As for the search light... not sure if that is an... actual sub-simmer controlled item, though... think it is more, in the way of... aesthetics... i.e, eye candy... an immersion factor that is just visual, only. Just a... WAG here...

Did mention, that with the mooring crew aspect... that this area, is likely unfinished... probably owing to a lack in or better yet... of, proper animation, to encompass that... despite that, is not really much of an issue... in that it does leave one, wondering about it...

Yeah... "Realistic Sound Travel Time", realfancy schmancy high tech gadgetry there.. something to do with 3D sound system or some such...

Unless you actually have that sort of sound system, which in all likelihood is like.... major boo koo $$$, best advice... avoid check marking it.

Vertical Sync, or VSync, synchronizes the refresh rate and frame rate of a monitor to prevent screen tearing. VSync does this by limiting your GPU’s frame rate output to your monitor’s refresh rate.

Some have no issues with leaving that box unchecked... &... think, is recommended to activate it, if you see flickering going on when you are moving your cam view about... that's just the bare bones of info I have... not real sure on how... accurate that is... the vertical sync or Vsync quote there, I culled from a real quick & dirty look up I did on that, to be frank...

Perhaps one of the... other guru's, around here... will feel free to jump in & expand more on that...
1 thing I've learned about SH4... is... it's better at doing housekeeping on game saves, than SH3 was... up to a point.

The saves, can run into issues at times... as can be attested to, but... how much less than say... 3... who knows for really sure... yet.

As for the query on the sound of KSD II: Ace, being replaced or grafted with sound files from GWX (Any particular flava flave... of GWX, you had/have in mind to cull from here... ) & on that subject... am going to defer to another to jump in & answer on that...

I wanna... say, I would NOT think that swapping out sound byte files from say... OneAlex's GWX Reworx, couldn't be swapped out for those that don't quite tickle your fancy... but... know that some, are tied into control keys in the guts, &... tampering with them, could cause all sorts of... trouble.

That said, is why... I shall defer to someone with more knowledge & experience in answering on that.

Is that "amb.SubInterior.wav file", the only 1 you're asking about...?

M. M.

Thanks for all your answers!

Right now, I'm not using the II & VII Full Interior Mod, as I'm just trying things out in the Training Acadamy. I'm planning to move to a IXD2 boat in the Campaign and I don't think there is a Full Interior Mod available for that.

No issue about the F9 key. I was just wondering if I'm the only one who has this issue or if it is widely known. No problem for me here.

About the Search Light, I was merely wondering where to find the command button for it, because I can't seem to locate it (same for Rescue the Pilot) ...

The Graphics issues seem to be solved, as posted in the other thread.

Yes, as I don't have a 3D Sound System, I will keep the "Realistic Sound Travel Time" box un-ticked.

Yes, reg. the ambient interior sub sound, I'm refering to the "amb.SubmarineInterior.wav"- file

BTW: I arrived at the designated Op.area for the A/A Training but no airplanes there ... maybe, because I arrived after sunset ...