Old 05-19-22, 03:40 PM   #32
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Okay, onward ... I'm now on the A/A Training with a VIIB boat ...

I think I pretty much understand the crew mgmt., just takes some getting used to...

On the VII boat, there is also only one radio position in F7 and that guy is also manning the sonar station vs. the radio station ... oh well ...

There are however, 2 engine room positions to be manned in the VII boat.

I suppose, the kitchen is closed as of a certian time in the evening, because no matter where I position crew members in F7, there is nobody on that station, as of a certain time in the evening (at least in the type II boat).

I will come back to the Weapons Officer support, once I get to the Torpedo Training ...

F9 is supposed to take you to the Captains Room/Bunk, but takes you to the seat of the attack periscope instead (same for II and VII boat).

Still waiting to see, if this searchlight actually exists, once we come across a friendly uboat or enter the harbour. The same for the mooring crew ...

I also found an option that one can click "Rescue", if a pilot of a shot down airplane is sighted ... looking forward to that ...

I also found a radio that is supposed to air daily news reports but if I saw correctly, only as of 10 Sept.1939, which makes sense, and since I'm still in August 1939 with the training flotilla, that wouldn't work yet.

Now, just a few general questions:

- What exactly does "Realistic Sound Travel Time" in the Sound Options mean?

- What does the "Vertical Sync" do in the Graphics Options?

- How can one delete Game Saves?

- In the game data folder, is the Sound File, which has the amb.SubInterior.wav file. I like the background sound of the KSDII game but I like the GWX one even better. Could the KSDII file be replaced with the GX file, without causing any problems, since it is a Sh3 file?

Thanks again!
Yeah... about that...

If you are using that recommended Type II & VII interiors mod, think the creator, probably (am guessing here) left out a few of the crew, so as to avoid performance issues () perhaps... or may have meant to add them in, but forgot.. as can happen... no idea. Not without doing some digging in & finding out (if they are still around or even active in the sub modding circle any more, to be frank about it. Just... don't know, either way. )

Any way... moving on.

Yeah, the F9 key, is tied in to... the cam.dat files... I believe, & am not well versed on the... black majix artz of that area... maybe... hopefully, another with knowledge in them, could be persuaded, to delve in & see if that couldn't be... corrected... fixed.

As for the search light... not sure if that is an... actual sub-simmer controlled item, though... think it is more, in the way of... aesthetics... i.e, eye candy... an immersion factor that is just visual, only. Just a... WAG here...

Did mention, that with the mooring crew aspect... that this area, is likely unfinished... probably owing to a lack in or better yet... of, proper animation, to encompass that... despite that, is not really much of an issue... in that it does leave one, wondering about it...

Yeah... "Realistic Sound Travel Time", realfancy schmancy high tech gadgetry there.. something to do with 3D sound system or some such...

Unless you actually have that sort of sound system, which in all likelihood is like.... major boo koo $$$, best advice... avoid check marking it.

Vertical Sync, or VSync, synchronizes the refresh rate and frame rate of a monitor to prevent screen tearing. VSync does this by limiting your GPU’s frame rate output to your monitor’s refresh rate.

Some have no issues with leaving that box unchecked... &... think, is recommended to activate it, if you see flickering going on when you are moving your cam view about... that's just the bare bones of info I have... not real sure on how... accurate that is... the vertical sync or Vsync quote there, I culled from a real quick & dirty look up I did on that, to be frank...

Perhaps one of the... other guru's, around here... will feel free to jump in & expand more on that...
1 thing I've learned about SH4... is... it's better at doing housekeeping on game saves, than SH3 was... up to a point.

The saves, can run into issues at times... as can be attested to, but... how much less than say... 3... who knows for really sure... yet.

As for the query on the sound of KSD II: Ace, being replaced or grafted with sound files from GWX (Any particular flava flave... of GWX, you had/have in mind to cull from here... ) & on that subject... am going to defer to another to jump in & answer on that...

I wanna... say, I would NOT think that swapping out sound byte files from say... OneAlex's GWX Reworx, couldn't be swapped out for those that don't quite tickle your fancy... but... know that some, are tied into control keys in the guts, &... tampering with them, could cause all sorts of... trouble.

That said, is why... I shall defer to someone with more knowledge & experience in answering on that.

Is that "amb.SubInterior.wav file", the only 1 you're asking about...?

M. M.