View Single Post
Old 12-03-22, 05:52 PM   #28
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
Mod/Modder of the Year
Nomination basis: So, pretty funny image with Subsim getting captured by the RN :)
Great mod with great support.
Forum: Classic Subsims

Nominated Member: Andreas86
Nominated Post: Link
Quote:
UPDATE 04.08.2022

New in version 1.6

-New after-action newspaper screen!
-Fixed color error in the new face popup images.

Added a new after-action newspaper screen. Instead of reading the newspaper on a boring wooden desk, the reader now finds himself in a busy german city street, having just bought the latest edition from a news kiosk. Making the new screen work was rather difficult, as I encountered a lot of palette issues when the image fades to dark and the small animation appears in the middle of the newspaper. After a lot of time I managed to sort it out, but you need to install the included new .PAL file for the paper screen to work.

I also found a graphic problem with the new face popups that I was unaware of. All the face images contained the use of black color 0,0,0 which led to a color glitch when encountering fog. Fog is created in AOTD by use of some palette entries, that the program gradually changes to shades of gray or blue, depending on the weather. Color 0,0,0 is part of those entries. While I originally did convert the palette of the new face images to the palette of the original face files, something must have gone wrong. And obviously I must have tested the files without encountering fog. Luckily, correcting this was just a matter of mapping all instances of 0,0,0 to 20,8,12 which is the darkest color used in the original Dynamix created face images, and then to re-export everything.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GX8SA6TNUQrHlGjyRG-keccAYVFW2Lqs/view?usp=sharing

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote