View Single Post
Old 11-24-18, 06:31 AM   #29
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I disoverd a new and old game, that is because I forgot about it since I saw it in VR in Novembre last year. ETS2. I mean I playe dit already before and since logn time, since I find it a most relaxing and pleasant experience, comparable to The Hunter, but last year I just quickly checked whether or not I could get it working under VR, and then forgot about it. It not only works, but it works marvelously well.The cabin feeling is insanely immersive, the cockpit detials and fantastic mirrors blend nicely with the environment, the flowing traffic, the sights and views of weather and night-day-cycle, the enchanting landscape chnages...

I also finally took the time to tune my new wheel and pedals correctly for the sim, and with the new physics of version 1.33, the driving delivers me a very convincing and believable illusion of the relalthing and of correct physical behaviour - up to level that I emotioanlly react to the game and "live" the feeling of being all alone in the weather, or enjoying the feel of truckigj down that road. Not many games acchieve that emotional reaction.

There is a lot of writing and complaining about ETS2 working bad in VR and that is has massive performance issues. I cannot confirm that, but then i have a very powerful rig, I use no mods and I don'T drive online (pointless in ETS2, imo), for me it works always smooth and without any issues at all even in rush hour jams and lots of cars around. I have not one issue with ETS in VR, none. The visual quality when looking at the virtual distance, is not different than in other racing games and games, and for itself is nice by the standards of today'S VR.

The new areas they have added lately, Scandinavia,France and Italy, also look most beautiful, surpassing by far the level of details and atmpshere in the graohcis if the game as it was released many years ago. Much new stuff has replaced old incarnations since then, sunliht, and lights of cars at night have been repalced, amongst many other things. The baltic states, the region around St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad Southern Finland are about to follow in one or two weeks.

If you have not tried ETS while you have VR, do it now. Its an outstanding experience to showcase VR, imo. It has blwon new life into this sim for me, and I am looking forward to to once again some trucking over the dark time of the year.

I do not know but can only imagine that ATS would work nice and beautiful in VR as well.