View Single Post
Old 12-28-17, 04:29 PM   #22
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

First test done today with VR and X-Plane 11. Sitting myself into the cockpit of a Boeing 737, I ended up being slightly disoriented (despite knowing the stuff from PMDG's 737) and just thinking "Wowh. This thing is huge. Wowh."

Its not perfect, but already overwhelming enough. Probably the so far best implementation of VR into a hardcore flightsim. The handlig concept is superb.

Compared to FSX, XP11 seems to be a thing fo give some and take some. Pewrsonally for me, airprort sceneries are most important, and this is where XP11 must let FSX go uzp and away. Even the additional 3rd party commercial products for international hubs for both sims see FSX outclassing XP11. Default scneery and weather and nighttime lights and colours however are all points scored for XP11.

If you have VR and ask whetehr or not to go with XP11 to get flight simming aboard your flightsim collection in VR, stop thinking, and start buying. Its a no-brainer.

And my beautioful new system can handle it at smooth frames with most graohics options maxed out or at least in the upper quarter of the settings.

Rumour says PMDG plans to continue and finish the running 2 projects, then start converting their NGX for XP11, for which they alreaedy released a DC-6, which could have been a testing balloon for them to see how it is to code within this new environment of XP. However, I do not await the NGX or the also rumoured 777 any time soon. Probably not next year (2018). Hopefully 2019.