View Single Post
Old 11-26-17, 04:52 PM   #18
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Worth to be considered: Oculus sensors are hackable webcams.

https://uploadvr.com/hackable-webcam...nsor-be-aware/

Cover them if you do not use them. Like you put a stripe on the webcam in your notebook, too.

Meanwheile, I have used VR in ETS2, which works remarkably well and brings the cockpit interior to real life, and Dirt Rally, whcih maybe is the visually bets looking VR experience amongst allk racing sims I use. It is spectacular, especially if oyu limit viewing range due to bad wetaher or use tracks of limited viewiign range (woods, many turns, landscqape bliockign vision). The image of VR masks is much blurrier than what you see on monitors, and the further you look into the virtual space and at a distance, the blurrier it becomes. Thats why you want to switch off things like "anti-alias" and "depth of field", and that's why VR works the better the more limited viewing distances are in any game.

Also, a wonderful, a truly amazing free demo is avialable from the Oculus Home repository: Air Car, which sits you into a flying air car like you know from Blade Runner, and have you you flying over a futuristic nightly as you kniow it also form the movie. You can manouver freely, and it is all you can do, there is no "game". But doing this alone is already fascination, and a very intense experience. Considering this is free, I absolutely recommend to try this demo, it is perfect for introducing visitors to VR as well. - Not to be mistaken with Blade Runner Mind Lab, another free demo there is.

In early access at steam,, there is a tennis game as well, this time the real big field game, not table tennis. It still is under development, and I wonder how they manage to get correct grip and runnign up and dopwn the line is beign implemented when you play this in your living room, but I keep an eye on this, though currently from a distance.

Sports Bar is a blown up surrounding for an older Billiard game. The Billiard poart is solid, but simple, actually I got this for another oncluded game, that is air hockey, a thing I know from rfal lfie, and that I played excesi8svely and with greta passion when I was at university. I must say the impkementaiuton of it in this pckage, is very good, it plays like I recall it from back then. Since that was what I was after, I rate this package a success buy.

And I found another quite good table tennis game, Racket Fury. It is a bit lighter in soorts and physics than Eleven Table Tennis, but it is superior in presentaiton and grahics. Set in a futuristic ambience, you playx against robtos that are depicted and animated in full, you canj chose to have a more forgiving arcade game mode where the ball is magicallyy attracted to the table even if you slam it like crazy, and it has some nice naimations to effects, smash ball energy, and flight oaths, all can be switched on and off. Eleven is the more hardcore, and if you want t5o play table tennis seriously in Vr, whcih i absolteuly beioevew is possible, it is the superior choice, but Racket Fury also is a very good, solid representation of the sports, and more accessible and suotable for occasional and party gaming. Its non-arcade mode is quite realistic. Recommended.

Finally, another free demo that comes as part of the Oculus Home domain, that is Mission ISS. It has three advantages that makes it perfect as a demo: it is educating on the ISS, it looks and feels great, and it is slow moving while having you revolving aroudn all three axis, showing you what full VR really means. The station can be explored both form within and the outside. It'S free, and so trying it out is a no-brainer.