View Single Post
Old 10-18-22, 04:12 PM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I agree with you, initial release had u-boats that spent most/all of their time at full ahead when underwater. Maybe when they slowed down and went deep, that was part of the silent running model. But they always showed 7 knots on the Contacts board. It's much better now.

Good stuff!
Quote:
U-boat underwater speed averages at 4kn.
U-boats more often go into silent running at 2-3kn.
U-boats may achieve a maximum underwater speed of 6kn, although rarely and briefly.
U-boats dive to medium and deep more often, but due to lower U-boat speeds the hit probability has increased significantly.

Quote:
Minimum turning radius for U-boat evasive maneuvers has been corrected.
However, I was pretty ok with the U-boat turning radius before. From last few sessions, it does not seem to be critically affected I will know more when I get back to my office for a long session.

First impressions, seems like new subs do not appear as quickly, more like one at a time. I like the challenge of handling multiple contacts but I can understand how that be frustration for new players.

Eventually they need to scale the difficulty and u-boat performance through multiple difficulty levels.

I plan to record a video for comments Thursday. Really looking fwd to the Ambush mode, that sounds great.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote