Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 01-20-23, 11:04 AM   #399
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the links. Getting info on matching cartridge to game was on to the to-do list today, and you already done did it for me

I bought the Master Hunter bundle so have more than just the normal starter kit, and it's good to know which weapons to use for which game. Of course it's already essentially known, but I have to understand how this particular game handles things. Like the .243 is considered a good match for a red deer?

What is meant by 'effective range'? Long range shooting isn't really a thing in Call of the Wild right? I mean, animals were clipping in and out of draw range at around 500 yards. Is there a way to increase this distance? An ini edit or something? In WotH you can see animals at 1000 yards and more. Not going to get a shot at them of course, but I like it a lot better than having them disappear after crossing the invisible line.

But at the same time 150 yards/meters seems a bit conservative for a high velocity round like a .270. Still, it's important to know how it works as modeled, not whether it's real-world accurate. But 'effective range' can mean many things I suppose.