View Single Post
Old 11-12-20, 12:23 AM   #2180
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Does the Sen-Toku have an S emblazoned on its bow..???

In a Gato class (USS Gato, ironically...) is Oct '42, am just short of getting to My assigned objective of awaiting orders off the southern end of Japan near Shikoku Island. Haven't yet recieved the next set of orders yet, as I haven't set off the bell announcing My arrival on scene yet, for it to signal Me what to do next yet in that area...

Get report of sonar hearing a war ship. I figure cool... get a rough base course figured out & lo and behold, have more than enough time to set up for a 90 degree torp attack, Still surfaced, I then get a shout from the lookouts of ship sighted. I then go to the Uzo or TBT... and... let out a war whoop... Tis an IJN sub... I snatch up the recog manual and tear furiously through it, til I get to a match on it... a Sen Toku | Carrier Sub.

I drop into My boat, order peri depth... and then set up for a 1, 2 knockout torp punch (an uppercut aka keel shot & a gut punch aka side impact det hit.

Long story short, that Sen Toku, shrugged off My dual barreled torp set up.. NO.. no duds, & I do have that option turned on, but both went off as they should have... 1 under the keel, offset aft of center line designated to kill any chance of it getting away.. or at least that was the general idea any way... & the other to blast open its guts to the sea, offset a bit ahead of the center line so as to drown it & its crew... again, at least that was the general idea...

All to NO avail...

I watched as it sailed off full bore, as if nothing touched it... like it was the japan equivalent to Super Man... only thing missing was it sporting an 'S' on its bow....

Base mod latest version of it, the patch mod... followed up with a couple of visual environment mods (clouds, sea, sand, rocks, weeds.. that fog & underwater visibility one.. 100' visibility) 24 hour clock, brass gauge trim, & pre pearl mod... minor eye candy mods, that don't mess with anything major...

Any way... that's it... a bit dismayed, as this was the 1st sighting of any actual warships... thus far, have ran across a couple of aux cruisers for the IJN & sank them.. was hoping to get some torps into the serious warships....

Ah well... *sigh*

End report.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 11-12-20 at 02:09 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote