View Single Post
Old 07-28-10, 10:28 PM   #793
Jan Kyster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0

I will then allow myself to quote without permission since he implies he tried to register.
But I asked Bobby how things stand in relation to copyright and directed him to this thread.

Here's the reply I got, Bobby from MilSpecManuals:

"Hi Jan

Thanks for the heads up. I would respond on the forum direct but they will not let me register with my "gmail.com" address...their loss!

To answer his post...basically he is right. As these publications are in the "public domain" they are for use by all. If he feels that he needs to make them available for all to use for free that is his right....but I ask where was he while I personally digitized all the reels of microfilm by hand. I only charge enough per reel to stay in business! Not like some of the companies that make different microfilm versions of various sets of available for $1000.00 or more. I have a small business and I try hard to provide value for my customers buck. While the Japanese Monograph set doesn't lend itself to editing for clarity there are some sets that I end up go through page by page to remove some of the crud that is sometimes on microfilmed copies. Please see the attachment. And as far as getting the Japanese Monographs from ibiblio, they get where copies from me and after I asked them not to post the copies they were nice enough to pull the documents.

I am a former USAF EOD Tech on disability from working on a civilian range clearance operation and my little business helps "keep me out of the bars" so all I ask of any of the people that buy from me is to be fair.

Sorry that I didn't answer sooner but we have been in the middle of a thunderstorm so our power was been out.

Thanks"

I'll leave my personal opinion out of this...

Jan
Jan Kyster is offline   Reply With Quote