View Single Post
Old 10-16-10, 07:37 PM   #15
Tessa
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Yet another version, the one I have is the Superbit made directors cut. Sadly it doesn't have any extra featuers, but for a regular dvd (not HD) the picture quality is subperb and great audio tracks. I've seen some of the new blue ray ones, and while they're picture quality is better they still manage to cut out some scenes here and there enough to detract me from wanting to buy it - one version for example when Jurgen steps onto the boat for the first time and addresses the crew he just says something to the effect of, "how are you men" and they all reply. Then it cuts to the chief telling Werner, "good speach eh".

Pretty bad that you have to use the running time as the criteria anything that's at least 200 minutes + will have pretty much the chunk of what its in the original TV series.

Though probably not popular among most fellow kaleuns, I enjoy watching the English dub - frequently have it on while I'm playing SH3. Since every cast member did their own dubbing in English I find its a real unique production as each actor didn't have to try and imagine what the original person was trying to say or how they said it since they were the ones that did so in the first place! One part in the English version that is absolutely hilarious is the Medics inspection of the crew, watching it with the German soundtrack its almost unpleasant to watch and think about. The way they joke about it in the English has had me out of breath from laughing a few times
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote