Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeriscopeDepth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1
Wouldn't it be more reasonable to try to either stay out of the German's guns if you have the range advantage,
I'm not sure what the max range of the big Brit guns is. Perhaps I'm understating the solution, but as someone on the gamesquad forums said: "17K is your friend," when playing the Brits.
Well, the German guns typically have a greater range than British guns due to the use of lighter shells and higher muzzle velocity, but the German ships typically have smaller guns compared to the British ships (11" and 12" vs. 13.5" and 15"), so it would all depend on the ships involved

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeriscopeDepth
Quote:
or try to close the range as quickly as possible so that the shells will hit your belt and therefore not be able to pierce the turrets and detonate your magazine?
I've never heard that before, but it doesn't make sense to me. Turrets can still elevate, there is no guarantee the shells will be hitting your belt every time. There is also no guarantee they will be hitting/stopped by your belt. Below the waterline shell penetrations can and do happen in Jutland.

PD
Your belt is much better armored than your deck, so a shell has less chances of penetrating the belt than the deck (And I don't know if a shell hitting the belt could even set off a magazine explosion)

Of course you're running the risk of hits below the waterline, but it seems to me that minimizing the chances of deck hits on the turrets will generally result in less magazine explosions

Last edited by Raptor1; 12-14-08 at 03:04 PM.
Raptor1 is offline   Reply With Quote