View Single Post
Old 03-07-23, 04:12 PM   #2
Stewy1
Girt by Sea

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 34

Thank you VERY much, Kapitan, for that incredibly detailed and interesting report. I really appreciate and I learned a lot for future mission making.

Yes, there was a little bit of artistic license with the submarine RAS - I'd set those triggers up orginally in my Somalia mission with the FFG - as a good test of ship handling and concentration. Doing the entire hour at 1x speed is a real test of skills (I must confess, I haven't done that yet).

VERTREP is harder to set up in DW because I've found aircraft don't follow waypoints with enough precision and, if they have weapons, they'll go all over the place - I think there's only 1 or 2 helos in the game without weapons).

The exercise triggers took a bit of thinking to plan out (an all-out war mission is actually easier to make, I think!) Sorry to hear that that Perry trigger didn't work, I'll test it again.

After you drop the referee off, it's just a transit anyway (to set up Mission 2) - so you didn't miss much - sorry it crashed there - it's never done it there for me. I guess DW is just an old game...

Mission 2 is ready to go - except for one pesky CTD, that seems to be happening at the same place and time - I've spent a week trying to isolate it and find the problem - but if I can't, I might just release it and see if it happens for other people (it may not?).

Once again, thank you very much for this interesting report. I really appreciate you putting it together.
Stew