View Single Post
Old 01-25-22, 10:56 AM   #5
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
I am making my own modpack KSD II Ace edition (U-boats) you can check it out in my signature.

Okay, well if want to make night surface attacks possible, and not nerf the enemy AI to unrealistic levels, you will need darker nights. Lets face it, the nights in SH 4 and pretty much every mod I can think of, are far too light, even when no moon is out. This is a crucial element if want to be able to perform historically accurate night surface attacks in u boats, especially getting inside the convoys. There is a darker nights mod, it should work fine. Once have the nights dark, it is a matter of adjusting factors in sim.cfg such as light, fog, wave, enemy speed, etc. to get the results desired. Of course the settings in .sim file for visual of the different vessels come into play as well. A lot of testing involved, but worth it.

I have actually considered trying to work this aspect of my TMO update into FOTRS as well as OM, would be great to have it for U boats. Really does change the sim up.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote