View Single Post
Old 12-15-21, 09:30 AM   #1
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Default Realistic low-poly Buckley-class DE

I'm testing the idea of a realistic ship model but with a low poly rate like the standard SH3 units... So I will create low-poly meshes (but based on historical plans and pictures) and remove all small and useless details (which can't be seen from a periscope point of view anyway...). So in short : ships' models adapted to a submarine simulation.

I've built from scratch a new model based on the World of Warships' Buckley DE model (SH3 conversion made by Alex.B).

The WoWS model (main meshes without details) has 10260 triangles whereas mine has 3400 triangles. And the aspect is (nearly) identical... (For comparison, SH3 vanilla ugly model is around 9000 triangles).

This new model I've built will be an excellent base to even improve the WoWS model (which has some flaws) and to build the Cannon and Rudderow classes on top of the same hull, and the Evarts and Butler classes on a slightly modified hull.

The idea would be to re-use the GWX textures for compatibility, unless it's possible or better to create historical textures...

Now, I'm correcting the WoWS based model with technical plans :

Last edited by Mister_M; 12-15-21 at 02:00 PM.
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote