View Single Post
Old 05-11-22, 12:01 PM   #3
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm not certain KM, but check this out:

Notice that the Lieutenant is missing some of the text... I doubt if that has anything to do with it, but the "XPRequirement= 20000" might... ?? From the looks of it, the Lieutenant rank is not meant as a player rank, since it has "LevelUp= Base". Maybe if you change that to "Restricted" and change the info text, like the other player ranks? dunno though. You would probably have to add a <LT> description to one of the text files also, for those description lines, but I cannot find a file for that. Let us know how it goes though, if you can get it to cooperate with you.
i understand your points and i think i agree with your conclusion that LT is not meant for a player-Captain rank, by the UBI designers.

i edited the Ranks file by placing some text in these two parms in order to see if/where it appeared.
DescriptionWhenPlayerHasTheRank=Just typing something here to see where it appears <b>LTCDR</b>
DescriptionWhenPlayerDoesntHaveTheRank=Just typing something here to see where it doesnt appear <b>LTCDR</b>
this is the result.

so, again, i will agree with you that LT appears to be not designed as a player-Captain rank. since there are like six or seven ranks available, and the US side only uses three, there should be a way of dropping one of the flag ranks and inserting the LT rank at the front of the list. in what file is the player-Captain ranks in the graphic above stored? if we could disect that file we may be able to figure out how to drop one rank and replace it with another.

i reserve the right to "noodle" around for a possible solution. if you hear a loud noise and see a mushroom cloud in the midwest you'll know i did something bad, by accident of course.

i have always maintained (through experience) that the US-side is programmed differently than the German side and this is probably another manifestation of that difference.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote