View Single Post
Old 09-08-19, 04:48 AM   #12504
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
That login is for KSD server, no longer available. In KSD settings, put out the option for automatic connection. All offline functions of KSD work well without connection. Uplay connects independently.

Good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo
Sweet!

Is there a particular document among those provided, or something online (maybe a Youtuber series?) that walks through using the various "ship recognition" sheets as well as the book? I see there are all these nifty filtering functions and I would think there is a filter for nationality that somehow depends on those loose sheets?

ADDIT: found some good videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...NgJjtDqIgaEMsl

Not sure if any of those cover any of the special features in the recognition manual though.

So uh, the Harbour Pilot . . . any standard reasons why he would tend to kill us all!?

I just now started a New Campaign with Real Navigation, activated the Memel Harbor Pilot and started walking around my ship. Next thing I know (minute or two later), I hear banging and clanking and the camera starts going wonky and pretty soon taking damage . . . taking flooding . . . game over!

I think in that "ThaineFurrows" video (number 1 in that playlist) where he walks through using the harbor pilot he alternated between map view and external view the whole time. Is walking around inside the ship a bad idea while harbor pilot is running?

Or is the malfunction likely some other cause?

ADDIT2: must be walking around inside the ship. He is doing just fine with the skipper camera either on the bridge or flying around Kiel harbor

Wow, this game (with this mod) is SO GOOD! Shame Ubisoft had it so messed up in vanilla that they (and maybe no other major studio) will never take another crack at this genre. The tech has obviously got to the point where you could probably even do something like this in VR, and THAT would be so cool . . .

Last edited by DicheBach; 09-08-19 at 07:06 AM.
DicheBach is offline   Reply With Quote