View Single Post
Old 11-01-22, 09:31 PM   #24
Gwenydd
verrückt kaleun

Downloads: 143
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
You work fast, it's looking really good. What's the status, model 75%, R/C ..% ?

Great work!
I'm not really moving all that fast. I would say the model build is maybe 50 percent complete right now. The decks are just fitted on the top of the hull for now and I still need to add a set of magnets to hold them in place. I have to finish the torpedo door opening mechanism, glue the forward hull section together and then I need to fill cracks and seams, final sanding and cleanup, and then paint work. I'm probably forgetting a few things along the way... I am still trying to locate a 75 mhz 6 channel receiver but the WTC and electronics build is otherwise 90% finished.

I didn't mention this before but RC subs require low frequency radios to function under water. Modern 2.4 ghz signals won't penetrate the water. So I have to use what would now be considered "antique" radio gear for the u-boat. The 75 mhz frequency band is the FCC authorized range for "surface" vehicles which also includes boats and submarines. Sadly, nobody makes 75 mhz RC radios any more... so I pretty much have to scour ebay for them.

Last edited by Gwenydd; 11-02-22 at 02:31 AM.
Gwenydd is offline   Reply With Quote