Old 07-18-20, 12:12 PM   #15
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I need a small advice Kapuhy.
Do you know will any of of ship/effects functionality will be lost if I change "unknown" class settings to "none" in fx files?

I'm asking this because I've noticed that the only way to add new version of Rosomaha's C3 ship to TWoS is to do previously mentioned tweak in your new small ships files...
I didn't try to do that, but only thing I imagine might be affected is SH5-style fireworks.

As far as I understand them (someone correct me on this if I got it wrong) fx files are responsible for SH5 fires/explosions. Each hull part has one huge SH5 style damage zone, nodes in FX gr2 file govern where an effect will play and I guess what kind of effect will play is decided by whatever follows "ObjectCtrlsRef@" in text fx file.

Since I relased the pack before I learned how to move the fx bones (the trick, it appears, was to change one line in Shipname.1st file...), I disabled most of the SH5 effects anyway, except for those that coincidentally were in right places despite hull shape change. Only exception is Large Fishing Trawler - since in this case ship shape didn't change much I kept most effects from original.

From my tests before, ships will function just fine even if you outright delete all fx related stuff - including breaking up, that is not dependant on fx file as well. They will just have less fires and explosions while sinking.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote