View Single Post
Old 05-03-15, 05:48 PM   #1633
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Quote:
I experienced something similar but extremely rarely and if I remember correctly I used SH5 interface back then... Maybe you should try SH3 interface and if the same problem repeats it must be something GPU driver related...
Thanks for the replies.....I'll change over to the SH3 interface now and see if the problem happens again. I've just returned to Heligoland for a refit and I'm about to head out back to AM3987 for another 72 hour stint. (That's such a long way for a refit!!)

Off Topic: Just read a book yesterday called "I Flew for the Fuhrer" by Heinz Knoke. He spent much of the war years defending this area, Heligoland, Wilhelmshaven and Kiel etc against the massive allied bomber attacks......Interesting read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks
IMO saving often is not that great of an idea. You want to minimize saving/loading as much as possible on patrol. This mod is loading everything inside 60km and drawing everything inside 20km. If you save while inside your patrol grid, there is a much higher chance that you are not making a "clean" save. The best is to follow the tips for stable gameplay on the supermod description.
Yeah...I normally do a save and game reload just prior to entering the patrol area, 200 km radius or whatever is stipulated. 72 hours is a long time between saves if there is a lot happening. I try not to use anything above 128 TC. Trying to overhaul fast convoys or doing 4 bearings on whale pods etc in inclement weather just makes 72 hours between saves seem to go on forever!!

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote