View Single Post
Old 05-03-15, 09:04 AM   #1626
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
All the UI information fields get blanked out with white squares and the only way to tell what they read is by placing the mouse cursor over it and reading the tool tips and also the game generally becomes unstable.
I experienced something similar but extremely rarely and if I remember correctly I used SH5 interface back then... Maybe you should try SH3 interface and if the same problem repeats it must be something GPU driver related...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
This mod is working GREAT for me. It actually seemed to get more stable as my patrol went on. A solid 6 hours running the game with no crashes. (up the southeast coast of England, back to Heligoland to refit, and back to England again to dump my load on a convoy)
That's very good to hear!

Quote:
IMO saving often is not that great of an idea. You want to minimize saving/loading as much as possible on patrol. This mod is loading everything inside 60km and drawing everything inside 20km. If you save while inside your patrol grid, there is a much higher chance that you are not making a "clean" save. The best is to follow the tips for stable gameplay on the supermod description.
The whole point behind "smarthsaving" and occasional game restarts is to "unburden" game engine between actions and when I say action I mean large number of units, particles and other stuff shown in your rendering area. There is one really old engine bug (or maybe even engine limitation) where game tends to CTD if you accumulate too many objects in your rendering area and what is the worst, this does not need to happen at same time.
For example , you're engaging convoy somewhere in the Atlantic, creating skirmish and your game engine "accumulates" objects A, B and C , but later when in your rendering area enters object D, your game may CTD. If you do not reload the game before object D enters your area, the game will restart it self... After all this years it seams that objects A, B and C are mostly .dat imported units and planes, particles ect while obj.D will almost always be found in the harbor...

Quote:
I make a save in/out of patrol area ~100km "open sea" all stop 0kn, run TC512 and watch the minute hand. If the minute hand isnt moving smooth at this TC there is probably traffic <60km away.
A famous FPS convoy detector! Unfortunately , people with fast CPU's wont notice much of that...

Quote:
That patrol I mentioned finally did CTD going back to Willhemshaven at TC128.
Restart the game before you get too close to the homeport and you'll avoid that...

Last edited by vdr1981; 05-03-15 at 09:32 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote